Thanks go out to Camille for updating on the present state of the "Resurrection" movie. Apparently they are in need of raising more money to complete the film. They also have a website with more information about the movie. I will include some of the information here from the site:
The Resurrection Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization operating on a DBA under the Tim LaHaye Ministries organization. We are reaching out to the Body of Christ to help us fund a $25,000,000 major motion picture based on The Resurrection of Jesus Christ that has been 5 years in the making. We have a script in-hand that we believe will unite the Global Church as well as the Jewish community by creating a movie of the highest quality for the whole world funded by the Body of Christ. We are looking for 1,000,000 Christians to sew in $25 to help make this film a reality. Please see our DONATE page to make a contribution.
Follow our journey through fundraising, pre-production, filming, post-production and theatrical release as we make history by creating the first film fully funded and afforded by the Body of Christ which can be used to bring revival to the four corners of the world.
We will be speaking all over the world in the coming months to bring awareness to this campaign as well as spread the good news of the Resurrection. Please contact us HERE to set up an appearance.
- The Resurrection film concept is a God-Inspired idea given to Dr. Tim LaHaye, after seeing and experiencing Mel Gibson's 'The Passion of the Christ' movie.
- The Resurrection movie was developed at Sony Pictures. After one year of negotiations regarding content control, Sony Pictures pulled the plug.
- Through intercessory prayer and a diligent legal pursuit, Tim LaHaye Productions retained the rights to The Resurrection script.
- Randy LaHaye has spent the last 4 years pitching every major Hollywood studio, their subsidiary and sister companies, and marketplace investors in the public and private sector 'The Resurrection' film. The package is commercially viable with Academy Award winning film makers attached to the project and a conservative financial forecast that projects monetary success. Despite his passionate efforts Hollywood simply does not want to see this film made.
- On August 1, 2010, Randy LaHaye poured out his journey and his passion for the Resurrection Movie, to a small baptist church in McFarland, CA. When he was done he sarcastically asked the congregation for $25 million to produce the film. Through Divine Providence, the pastor rose from the back of the church and said to Mr. LaHaye, "You don't need one man to give you $25M, you need a million christians to sew in $25.". The congregation immediately came forward and laid more than $25 each on the altar. This moment created a paradigm shift in the heart and mind of Mr. LaHaye and gave him the inspiration to create The Resurrection Project and bring this important film to fruition through the body of Christ.
Labels: the resurrection